Planet Marketing provides expertise in destination marketing services for the Australian tourism industry – with extensive destination marketing experience since 1990.
We have first-hand experience with developing domestic and international tourism destination marketing strategies; and have worked across all sectors of the tourism industry in Australia, including Local, Regional, State, and Federal tourism organisations. Melanie is a current judge for the Queensland Tourism Awards, appointed by QTIC, and has previously been a mentor for QTIC’s Young Professionals Mentoring Program.
Planet Marketing can assist with the following key Destination Marketing services:
- Destination brand development
- Logo development
- Strategic marketing plans for destinations
- Developing trade and consumer marketing campaigns and activities for destinations
- Destination travel guides and brochure production – including writing, advertising sales, graphic design, and printing
- Website development and online marketing
- Itinerary development and product audits
- Working with the trade and media – trade and media famils, travel articles, media liaison
- Tourism marketing workshops for destinations, including regional councils, tourism and membership-based associations, and tourism operators
- Marketing services to assist tourism operators maximise their marketing efforts – and assisting them to work with their tourism destinations
- Tourism marketing services are also available for niche sectors: ecotourism, sustainable tourism, the self-drive market, and the caravan and camping industry
Melanie is an active member of Ecotourism Australia, the Australian Society of Travel Writers (ASTW), Outback Queensland Tourism Association, and QTIC; and she also operates Our Planet Travel to promote sustainable and responsible travel.
Tourism destination & association clients have included:
Outback Queensland Tourism Association, Maranoa Regional Council, Cloncurry Regional Council, Redlands Shire Council / Straddie Holiday Parks, Moreton Bay Shire Council, EC3 Global (Drive Strategy for Queensland), Ecotourism Australia, B&B and Farmstay Queensland, Great Tropical Drive (Tourism Tropical North Queensland and Townsville Enterprise), Tourism & Events Queensland (Drive Queensland strategy), Capricorn Tourism (Dig the Tropics campaign), Northern Rivers Tourism (Tweed Tourism association), Sunshine Coast Hinterland (Blackall Range tourism association), and the Brisbane Backpackers Association.
Please call or Contact Us to discuss how I can assist you and your tourism business: 0409 440 501.
Page photo credit: © Melanie Grevis-James